How much LEAN?
The whole experience I had and am having with my work in startups and discussing with various founders of startups is going to presented in three parts. The goal is to share my experiences with Lean Startup, which could help you turn your idea into a successful business model.
|Image Courtesy: bit.ly/1sJRyTx|
Step 1: SharingIf you have an idea and you are really confident that you can turn it into a viable business model, the next things
- Share the idea with as many people as possible
- Check their pulse - how they feel about your idea
- Collect their feedback - take it up constructively
- Are they ready to join you to take it forward
The more people who are willing to join you in making this a success, the more chances for you to succeed.
Step 2: Survey
If you are still confident and you want to build on your idea, after taking the initial feedback into consideration, then do the following
- Identify the target group
- the group of users who will be using you applications. ex: general public age groups, businesses based on type
- Identify survey group with some potential customers in it
- gather some customer contact information who would be part of the initial surveys - business and target users
- Prepare surveys for each of the target groups and get the feedback
- Check what features or services would appeal to them
- Check if they are willing to pay for such services
- Validate your target group and define your design
In my post the focus is not to say that this is the only path, so follow it or fail. The goal is to give you a starting point to launching a business, and if your business is not mobile app development (which is our primary focus area) may be you can use the principles.
Stay tuned for more information....